Hike and Bike Cambodia
11 days | Guided | From £1,264
What a great way to journey through the exotic land of Cambodia - by bike, kayak, foot and overland. During the course of this fun adventure our 'modus operandi' allows us get closer to Cambodia, the Khmer people, more remote landscapes and a more authentic insight into the real Cambodia than a mere overland bus trip, as well as having a great time along the way too.
11 days | Guided | From £1,264
The funnest way to enjoy Cambodia
- Cycle the Mekong River Trail
- Explore iconic Angkor Wat
- Meet local tribes
- Kayak on the Tonle San River
- Trek through the jungle
From Phnom Penh we first head for Koh Dach Island taking a boat across the Mekong, to discover a rural paradise and oasis of tranquillity renowned for its silk weavers. Here we hop on bikes and cycle through the incredibly picturesque countryside and paddy fields. Remaining in the saddle the following day we cycle along the Mekong River Trail passing tiny Khmer villages as we go and should always keep an eye on the river for sightings of the rare Irawaddy River Dolphin. A great way to meet the very friendly and hospitable locals too.
After travelling to Tonle San by boat it's time for some trekking in the Cambodian jungle. Here we'll discover isolated farmsteads amongst impressive forests of Bamboo and reach a viewpoint for a great panorama of the jungle canopy. Trekking back to the river we now get into our kayaks and paddle down the Tonle San River through jungle to the village of Kaoh Piek.
Travelling to Siem Reap overland, we can explore it's French colonial past and then enjoy some pleasant back country cycling to the Rolous Temples complex and then onto Angkor Wat. From Phnom Bakeng we can look forward to witnessing the sunset spectacle over this incredible site. Lastly, enjoy a day hiking and biking around the local area. A fantastic climax to a wonderful holiday.
- Day 1 Depart UK
- Depart UK on an overnight flight to Phnom Penh.
- Day 2 Arrive Phnom Penh
- Arrive Phnom Penh. Rendezvous at the group hotel in Phnom Penh in time for a pre-trip briefing in the evening.
- Day 3 Mekong River Cycling
- Taking a boat across the Mekong we then cycle through picturesque countryside, meeting the cheery locals as we follow the river. At the end of our ride we transfer to Kampong Cham.
- Day 4 Khmer Village Cycling
- Following the trails and backroads of the Mekong we pass through Khmer Villages as we make our way to Kratie keeping a watchful eye out for sightings of the rare Irrawaddy River Dolphin.
- Day 5 Cycle to where Cambodia meets Laos
- Plant a tree for the local community before hopping on our bikes to Rattanakiri; Cambodia's most remote province, wedged into the far north-east of the country between the Laos and Vietnamese borders. We continue to enjoy riding along the Mekong River, passing through Cambodian countryside with views of rice paddies and Khmer traditional stilt houses along the way.
- Day 6 Kayaking on the Tonle San River
- A full day kayaking on the Tonle San River, paddle through remote flooded forests in the amazing Ramsar wetlands.
- Day 7 Hike jungle trails
- Boat trip to Kaoh Piek where we commence hiking through quiet jungle trails and footpaths, crossing streams and enjoying views of the jungle canopy.
- Day 8 To Siem Reap
- In the early morning we can visit the fascinating, colourful market here at Ban Lung before we travel overland to Siem Reap.
- Day 9 Angkor Wat Cycling
- Explore the magnificent Angkor Wat complex by bike. We'll stick around to witness the atmospheric sunset over Angkor from Phnom Bakeng before returning to Siem Reap.
- Day 10 Hike and bike Kulen mountain
- Today we explore Siem Reap and the surrounding area both on foot and bicycle. Ride to Kulen mountain and ascend 188 steps, continue walking to the river for a scenic lunch spot beside a waterfall. Return to Siem Reap by vehicle.
- Day 11 Depart Siem Reap
- Day at leisure until the overnight flight back to the UK.
- Day 12 Arrive UK
- Flights arrive back in the UK today.
- 'At a Glance' trip features : Mountain biking, Trekking, Kayaking, Overland travel, Culture, Boat Cruise
- Trip Code: ACHB
- Physical Grade: B/C - Moderate/demanding
- Adventure Grade: C
- Group Size (Min - Max) : 4 - 10
- Accommodation : Hotel x7, Home Stay x1, Eco lodge x1
- Meals : 9 Breakfasts, 8 lunches and 3 evening meals incl
- Overseas joining point : Group hotel in Siem Reap